AEU Plans Regional Forum In St. Louis
The American Equity Underwriters Inc. (AEU), the leading provider of workers’ compensation for waterfront employers, announced that an AEU Regional Forum will be held June 18 at the Embassy Suites by Hilton in downtown St. Louis, Mo. The event will begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at 3:30 p.m.
Held several times per year, AEU Regional Forums are one-day events attended by maritime industry professionals. Attendees participate in relevant, interactive discussions on safety, claims, personnel, operations, and leadership.
Speakers for the St. Louis event include:
• Shawn Blanchard, CEO of Lions Dream LLC;
• Jimmy Burgin, AEU senior vice president and director of loss control;
• Woody Collins, program manager, AEU LEAD;
• Adele Hapworth, AEU chief operating officer;
• Thom Kramer, PE, CSP, managing principal, LJB Inc.; and
• Will Scheffler, CPCU, AIC senior vice president and director of claims.
The event is free to members of the American Longshore Mutual Association (ALMA) and $350 for the public. More information and registration details are available on the event website.
With headquarters in Mobile, Ala., AEU serves as program administrator for ALMA, a group self-insurance fund authorized by the U.S. Department of Labor for waterfront employers in all 50 states under the United States Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.